- Home /
- Magento Easy Catalog Images 2.0
By using the Easy Catalog Images extension you will:
- Get a subcategories listing on any page of your Magento store
- Easily display categories in Magento
- List the categories using configurable widgets
- Show the categories and subcategories images
- Improve the link structure of your categories pages
Get subcategories listing on any page of your Magento store
While looking for new products, customers commonly choose from product categories displayed on the homepage. Therefore, we should offer something more visual in order to encourage them to click. The best way to introduce the wide range of your store products is the display of a subcategories block. Easy Catalog Images will help you to place a subcategories block in Magento using widgets, xml code and default block code. It allows you to place a subcategories listing alongside current top level categories. We recommend you to show your users the subcategories in order to give them more time for finding what they’re looking for.
Easily create list of categories with images
Easy Catalog Images extension allows you to show already assigned categories images and child categories images on the homepage and the category page. Categories images used in Easy Catalog images blocks can be taken both from category thumbnails and category images attribute. If the thumbnails field is empty, the category's image will be used instead. We recommend you to assign a category's image for the thumbnails field in order to display it like a banner on category view layout. For a better user experience, our extension allows to resize images, and to specify the width and the height attributes of the categories' images.
Show categories using Magento widgets
Easy Catalog Images will help you to create category listings by using Magento widgets on any store page according to your requirements. We recommend to use widgets to improve the performance and functionality of your Magento web-store. By using Easy catalog images widgets and Navigation Pro, you can set up a menu with a magento list of categories and images. The parameters of the widget can be configured in order to help you to customize the menu. You can select the number of current categories and sub-categories to be displayed, for instance. You can also specify the size of the image to be released, and the columns count.
Create Magento landing pages
Easy Catalog Images module allows you to add more keywords and links to the category page and the magento subcategory grid. It will surely improve your web-site SEO and save your time. Categories blocks will be updated as soon as changes apply to your store categories tree. SEO optimized landing page s will give you better sales conversion. Moreover, you'll improve your website's Internet ranking.
List the subcategories with limited number of its own child categories
We do understand that every store has a different category tree and each category can have a different number of subcategories. That could cause problems related to formatting the list of subcategories. Based on multiple stores owners' requests, we have added a config option that allows to limit the number of maximum subcategories listed below the parent category. Such option allows to create professional looking magento category list blocks.
All our Magento extensions also:
- 100% Open source
- A must-have extension for every ecommerce website
- Easy to install and use
- Don't affect Magento core files
- 14 day money back guaranteed
- 1 year of free support since purchase date
- 1 year of free upgrades
- Created according to magento programming guidelines
- Our fanatic support will do everything you need to solve your problems
Great extention,wonderfull support Review by onlineunlocks
Service Design Quality
The extension is great and easy to use,but had a small css issue that did not looked good on my store. I said to try and contact the support,even if has happened before to contact support from free extensions and never receive an answer.They answered in less then 24h and after providing a bit more info they fixed the problem for me
The extension is great and easy to use,but had a small css issue that did not looked good on my store. I said to try and contact the support,even if has happened before to contact support from free extensions and never receive an answer.They answered in less then 24h and after providing a bit more info they fixed the problem for me (Posted on 2/10/2014)
Very good, helpfull and fast support for a very good product!! Review by evdworp
Quality Service Design
Very useful, saved me a lot of work. Our shop has a lot of categories and subcategories. without this product i had to make all the categories and subcategories including a picture.
Now the actualy work (installing) cost me 30 minutes (i am a noob).
the best part is the good support to make it look perfect. Very good help (and fast)
And that all for FREE !!!! (Posted on 11/26/2013)
Excellent product and excellent support Review by rosie
Service Design Quality
This extensions is great, I made a suggestion to the developer, and they implemented it straight away and sent me the diff file. Could not ask for more! (Posted on 11/12/2013)
SUPERB COMPANY Review by peg4fun
Service Design Quality
Every extension I've used from this company is top notch. Their support is is the best of the best I've ever encountered in the tech field. Highly recommended! Thanks!!! (Posted on 12/19/2012)
outstanding support ! Review by reul
Design Quality Service
not only, this extension works perfectly, is multilingual and easy to customize labels.
The cherry on the cake is this Outstanding Support the template master team provided to me.
My shop has a highly modified homepage and they didn't let me down until they fixed my issue.
I have to say that for further extensions, I will highly prioritize Template Master to be my choice number 1 ! (Posted on 7/4/2011)
very good but one question! Review by Dereck
Quality Service Design
when I choose "Show categories listing on homepage", I have to set the categories to "Include in Navigation Menu" in the "Manage Categories", otherwise this category will not display on my homepage, so how about if I need the category to display on homepage but NOT in the top navigation menu?is that possible? would you please provide any solution for that? thank you very much! (Posted on 3/30/2011)
Great!!! Review by Leo
Service Design Quality
what i have to say is not about products, the service they provide is so great even for this free extension. that is what i never experienced in our country! (Posted on 1/19/2011)
Great extention Review by Guy
Service Design Quality
Worked out of the box for 188.8.131.52 , the support is outstanding even for this free extension , thanx TM (Posted on 11/23/2010)
Excellent Module and works in 1.4! Review by Dave
Service Design Quality
This was something I was scratching my head over since I have accomplished adding subcat images in other carts, with ease. This module is excellent.
The only aspect I would change is to have a separate subcatimg for the subcat images and cathdrimg for the category headers. Trying to make the same image fit both purposes is difficult.
Good work! (Posted on 3/3/2010)
View all reviews for Magento Easy Catalog Images 2.0.
- Free installation
- I just installed your product and have "404 Page not found" at extension configuration page
- Do you have any documentation?
- Can i add layered navigation on pages different from home page?
- How to display catalog title above easy catalog blocks
- What payment option are available at your store?
- How can i download ordered products?
- Where can i find compatibility information for your products
- How can i get updates for my products
- How can i track updates of new extension releases
Easy Catalog Images 2.317th February 2014
- Ability to hide block, when filter or pagination is applied.
- Ability to show widget on category pages, when category config is disabled.
- Widget: Ability to set Root Category to load
- Widget: Ability to show and hide specific categories
- NavigationPro integration styles added
- NavigationPro integration guide
- Automated thumbnail assignment added. Script can fill category thumbnails with image of first product of corresponding category. If category has attached thumbnail already, it will be skipped. Only direct category children are processed. If category has no direct child products, thumbnail will not be assigned
- Css refactoring. Responsive styles added
- Added note about supported columns count to the widget interface
- Module sort order updated
Easy Catalog Images 2.021th November 2012
- Perfomance improvements. Dramatically decreased query count per block render (One query).
- Cache support added.
- Flexible grid styles added to support multicolumn mode for various site styles without modifying the styles. 2-6 columns are supported out of the box.
- Category thumbnail is displayed instead of category image by default.
- Widget support added. Widget is fully configurable with custom options. You can insert the Easy Catalog Images where you wish to. (Any cms page, block etc)
- EasyCatalogImages block is now shown above the category title. We did this to prevent numerous conflicts with custom themes.
- Maximum category count to show added.
- Ability to set the background color for resized image. White by default.
- 'Show categories listing' on homepage removed. Please use the homepage editor and add Easy Catalog Images widget directly to the homepage content.
- Ability to disable product listing removed. Please use the built-in Magento option on category edit page.
- 'Show child categories' field removed. Please use the 'Number of subcategories to show' field get the same result.
How to display category images block in other place on category page?
Posted by Peter D. on Wednesday, July 9, 2014Please check next article http://templates-master.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-display-catalog-title-above-easy-catalog-blocks/
How can I set the sort order of sub categories in alphabetical order?
Posted by Peter D. on Monday, July 7, 2014Sorry but that isn't possible with out extension customization.
Hi, how to display category images after: category description; and before: cmsblock&products
I have this installed, for some categories, it shows sub-categories of another category?? Please help. Thanks
Posted by Peter D. on Friday, April 18, 2014Please contact our support at http://templates-master.com/helpdesk so we can check that issue.
Hello! This extension is present in Argento theme. I have enabled it at Settings, but I couldn't see any changes on Category pages. On Home page everything works. If it possible to use it on Category pages? Thanks!
Posted by Peter D. on Friday, February 28, 2014Can you check extension settings on store view level?1 people found this answer helpful.
Posted by Alex Gamul on Friday, February 28, 2014Thanks! It helps - settings on store view level.
Hi, can you give me a few possible issues that could cause the extension to no longer be able to produce new resized images? it did work when first installed but not any more.
Posted by Peter D. on Monday, February 24, 2014Usually there is issue with write permissions for categories images media folder. Please check that issue first and then if you have enough place on your server.
Congratulations for the excellent and useful module, everything works but I have two problems, please help. 1. How to set the category list, to be grid? 2. How do I adjust the effect of the category list, when you cross over the image to see a shadow, like in this picture? I use Ultimo theme. http://imageshack.com/a/img208/2941/rt4w.jpg Here is site where it works well: http://smarthair.co.nz/shop/redken.html Thanks in advance. Johnny
Posted by Peter D. on Monday, February 17, 20141. Your theme is missing some core Magento classes. So you should add to categories li container float left style. 2. I think it's done using css so you should copy same styles to categories listing container.1 people found this answer helpful.
Hi there, I've installed this useful extension but found a problem is why this extension can't show 3 columns images in my using template? here is my website link http://smarthair.co.nz/shop/redken.html please check it, thanks a lot :)
Posted by Peter D. on Monday, February 3, 2014There is simply no enough space. I would suggest to reduce margin that you have set for .products-grid li.item margin-right: 11px;
Hi, I installed the extension (magento 184.108.40.206), enabled it, flashed and renew cash, log out. However nothing has happened, what is wrong with it?
Posted by Peter D. on Sunday, January 19, 2014Please let us know link to your store.
Hello, thanks for the great extension! Is it possible to set it up so that it will not display empty categories (i.e. those with no products in them?)
Posted by Peter D. on Monday, December 9, 2013Sorry but that isn't possible in current release.
Posted by Laura on Monday, December 9, 2013Thanks for the quick reply! FYI I was able to find an extension that does this---and it seems to work just fine along with your Easy Catalog Images extension. It's called Disable Empty Categories http://magento.kamilborkowski.pl/disableemptycategories (Tip--if you want a category to be visible even if it has no products, that can be configured in the Magento backend in category management / display settings / show category even if empty = yes.) (I'm using Magento 1.8.)
Please login to your account to post a question
Improve your store sales! Allows clients make a purchase faster and easier by providing them a simple checkout form. Supports all major payment and shipping methods.$189.00
Improve your store usability. Using the extension, you allow customers to add products to a cart and edit a shopping cart content faster without page reload.$99.00
Manages banners, pop-up windows and custom blocks at your store right from admin interface. Allows you to track the total number of views and impressions of banner.$79.00