EasyTabs - Magento products tabs extension

We are glad to introduce new community extension Magento EasyTabs. This small extension will help anyone to add nice tabs to magento products page. Installation and configuration will take approximately 5 minutes. No files are replaced and no codding experience needed to install!
Please check demo at our demo server.
screen-2

571 thoughts on “EasyTabs - Magento products tabs extension ”

• PatrickH

Hello,

First I want to thank you for this great extension.
    But I have a little problem with the custom tabs.
    I like to add a custom tab with the attribute aw_video.
    This attribute is the Aheadworks free video extension. But whe n I do this the tab is not showing and the video is displayed always beneeth the tabs. I like to show the video on a sepperated tab and not on the additionalinformation(details) tab.
    We are using magento version 1.3.2.4, easyTabs version 1.0 (stable) and aw video version 1.0.1

Can someone help me out with this?

Patrick

Patrick

• Rickyfk

Did you have any luck solving this issue?

• Rickyfk

Is it possible to get and answer regarding this? I am having the same issue using v1.4.1.0

Sorry Rickyfk, but you have to modify easytabs extension to work with Aheadworks extension. We can't provide ready code solution unfortunately because we have never used this extension.

• Shragi Leitner

The answer to this is in this blog a bit higher up http://blog.templates-master.com/magento-easytabs/#comment-4910 add a short piece of text before or after the video so easy tabs does not think it's an empty tab. Also disable "Visible on Product View Page on Front-end" in the aw_video attribute so the video does not show in the 'additional information' tab.

• Rob J

Hello,

I have an issue... I installed EasyTabs and it works perfectly... my problem is now when I disable EasyTabs either on the EasyTab section or Admin/Advanced and go back to default, all products are missing their "description" and "additional information" section at the bottom of the product pages... please help.

• Kenny

Thank you so much for this extension- works fantastic.

I am trying to incorporate "Useful Downloads" inside a tab, but I'm not exactly sure where to begin. Not sure if this is the right place to ask though.

Kenny

Hello Kenny, you can create text attribute and add it to your attributes set. Then you will be able to put simple html text with links to your download files for each product. In case you will have same links for all products then you can use new custom tabs to output static block with same content.

• Rick

How do I resize the images on the related tabs as they are so small.

Thanks,

Rick

• Chris

Hi...
    is it compatible with Magento ver.1.4.0.1 ??
    I think many people wait for an great Update to make it posible use in 1.4.0.1
    Hope come´s in next time... Thanx...great extension

• Ana

Hi:

I have created the tabs with the attributes that go with them. Everything is enabled. The tabs were showing up but now they aren't!? What could the problem be? I only see the default product description and product tab text in the product page. I am using the default theme. The attributes are set to store view. Thank you.

• Stan

Hello,

When do you think easy tabs for magento 1.4 will be released?

• Breeze

When I install this extention, I get Permission Denied when trying to access it in the back office, any ideas?

Best Regards
    Breeze

• Dipti

The tabs work fine for me normally but there is an exceptional case.

I have a custom tab for specifications made thru easy tabs.
    I have inserted a table tag for showing the specifications fro one of the products from the admin panel in magento.

Whenever I use a table tag, it leaves a lot of white space on top and then starts the table. Using a div works fine.But in certain cases a table is desired.

Is this a known bug?
    My table is very very simple and I am not doing anything extraordinary with it to make it behave in a strange manner.

A little help would be appreciated here.

Hello Dipti, please check if you allow html tags for this attribute. Probably they are converted to br tags.

• Daniel Lutzer

I too am having the same problem as Dipti. When a table is inserted, it shows towards the bottom of the page with a lot of empty space at the top. When text is entered, it shows up fine. The attribute was created as a 'Field Area' with WYSIWYG enabled. I created table from Dreamweaver and also created it directly from WYSIWYG: both times the problem occurs. I am using Magento ver. 1.4.1.1. Any help would be appreciated.

• Daniel Lutzer

the support staff were kind enough to resolve this issue:

Go to: /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/easytabs and edit the following file:

catalogproductcustom1.phtml and instead of

$content = nl2br($this->getProduct()->$method());

use

$content = $this->getProduct()->$method();

You can do this for the other 3 catalogproductcustom files i.e.

catalogproductcustom2.phtml
          catalogproductcustom3.phtml
          catalogproductcustom4.phtml

Hope it helps.
          catalogproductcustom4.phtml

• DavidB

Hello, I purchased your Mall theme for Magento 1.4, and I very much want to use this extension.

How soon before you will release this for Magento 1.4? I tried it as is and it messes up my layout pretty bad so I had to delete it.

Also, thank you for your free offerings. Your free offerings are what gave me confidence in your paid products. there are a LOT of stores out there that sell stuff that is only half finished! It drives me nuts. If you are going to sell something test it. You guys do it right.

Anyway, hoping 1.4 comes out soon.