EasyTabs - Magento products tabs extension

We are glad to introduce new community extension Magento EasyTabs. This small extension will help anyone to add nice tabs to magento products page. Installation and configuration will take approximately 5 minutes. No files are replaced and no codding experience needed to install!
Please check demo at our demo server.
screen-2

571 thoughts on “EasyTabs - Magento products tabs extension ”

• Ian Yates

Sorry - me again.. I've copied the files (js, images, css) into the new theme's default folder and it still isn't working (?) A look at the page source shows that the css and js files aren't being called.

Any ideas?

You can check out the development site at http://vm1.callisto.rs.nl/poppadiddle (English and Dutch have the new theme applied, Spanish has the default Magento theme).

Much appreciated!

Sorry - me again.. I’ve copied the files (js, images, css) into the new theme’s default folder and it still isn’t working (?) A look at the page source shows that the css and js files aren’t being called.
      Any ideas?
      Much appreciated!

We haven't tested this extension with Templates Monster templates yet. Please email more details about your template configuration.
  • Silvio

"How much custom tabs do you need? We are planning this feature in next release."

I need more two ..
    for when the next release?

• hydra

I just want to say thank you for this great extension.
    Great work guys!!

• Dake

My TAG page aren't working, i got an javascript error as you can see on my page.

Anyone know about fix it?

Thanks, great extension!

My TAG page aren’t working, i got an javascript error as you can see on my page.
      Anyone know about fix it?

Hello Dake, sorry we haf bug in last extension release. It will be fixed in next release.
  • Hamish

Just wondered if anyone has tried this mod on the blank_seo template.

It works fine in the default template and I can get the tabs to work in the blank_seo one however, it changes the image, additional images, short description, price etc... to list down the page rather than across the page.

I have copied the css into my template file but it didn't resolve it. Do I need to edit another file?

H

Just wondered if anyone has tried this mod on the blank_seo template.
      It works fine in the default template and I can get the tabs to work in the blank_seo one however, it changes the image, additional images, short description, price etc… to list down the page rather than across the page.
      I have copied the css into my template file but it didn’t resolve it. Do I need to edit another file?

Hello Hamish, it should work without any problem. Many people are using it on blank template so blank seo also should works fine. Are you sure that extension css file was loaded?
  • Dawilla

Hello, I really love your plugin. I am using the description tab, review tab and the custom tab. Is there a way that I can set it so that the custom tab is the first tab? Right now it shows up as the last tab. Is there something I can change in the code that would put the custom tab first?

Thank you...

Hello Dawilla, right now you don't have any other way to set order of tabs except changing order of them in easytabs.xml. Please open easytabs.xml and put custom tab code first in list

<action method="addTab" translate="title" module="catalog" ifconfig="easy_tabs/custom/customtab"><alias>custom</alias><title>Custom tab</title><block>catalog/product_view</block><template>easytabs/catalogproductcustom.phtml</template></action>
  • udoh

Nice work with the tabs. I am having a problem integrating it into the Magento Blank theme, So far the only that thing doesn't work is the Tags. When you use Firebug to look at the source code, the form element itself is not present.

I think I have the same problem as Blue_Ray, but I thought more information would help you fix it.

Thanks.

Nice work with the tabs. I am having a problem integrating it into the Magento Blank theme, So far the only that thing doesn’t work is the Tags. When you use Firebug to look at the source code, the form element itself is not present.

Hello Udoh, it will be fixed in next extension release.

• Hamish

I must have had a senior moment!!

The css id name for the main div was different to the blank_seo template and as view.phtml is no longer being used, I had to change the css in catalogproductview.phtml to:

Also, to keep all the css in one file, I copied and pasted the contents of easytabs.css to screen.css and changed the css location in easytabs.xml to css/screen.css.

Finally, just in case anyone wondered why the product tags line is above the tabs, go to the options in configuration and you can enable the product tags in tabs and all looks great.

Great extension, thanks very much. I have added tabs to other sites by manually coding it all in and this makes the job so much easier.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

• lezebre

nice extension.

I need 5 custom tabs, when do you plan the next release ?

Thanks for the great job.

• Ollie

Hi, Thanks for this great extension. Could you tell me, is it possible to add these tabs to a CMS Page? I want to have this on of of my pages which has a lot of content.

thanks

Hello Ollie, unfortunately no. It can't be done right now but you can copy code from product page to emulate tabs on CMS page.